Panduit® to launch new Circular Data Access Port on April 17
On April 17, Panduit, a leading global provider of electrical and network infrastructure solutions, will launch its new circular Data Access Port, an offering designed to provide programming port and electrical outlet access to equipment without the risk of exposure to electrical safety hazards. This product provides personnel a safe and secure way to maintain and monitor performance of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), and industrial networks to promote overall safety at the work site, resulting in reduced costs and increased efficiency.
“Control of Hazardous Energy – Lockout/Tagout has once again appeared on OSHA’s most cited violations for 2018. Although this category covers a wide variety of violations, it implies that qualified or unqualified personnel continue to pursue access into an electrical enclosure without being fully aware of the danger involved,” said Zach Ganster, product manager, Panduit OEM. “We designed the Data Access Port to mitigate electrical safety risks at work sites by eliminating the need to open the panel door when programming or troubleshooting equipment such as PLCs, motors, or VFDs.”
Innovative Product Features and Benefits Include:
- Easy Installation - The circular frame design allows for data access ports to be installed quickly and effortlessly by using a standard panel punch. This provides cleaner installation and more than 50 percent in labor savings versus the traditional drilling and sawing approach.
- Design Flexibility - The modular input design allows for RJ45 jacks, circuit breakers, USB, and other modular connectors to be interchanged at any time. This allows maximum design flexibility, adaptable inventory, and field upgradeability.
- Security – Data Access Port has a quarter turn lock and provisions for lockout/tagout products or a padlock, all of which provide exceptional security. Mounting screws are covered to prevent tampering or unauthorized removal of access port from the control panel.
- Custom Marking – Custom marking is available for customers to place company logos or graphics on the cover of the 3” and 4” data access port models.
- Power Outlet Options – In addition to the Simplex and Duplex GFCI outlets, outlets that incorporate standard 45mm International outlet styles are available.
- Complete Compliance – All parts numbers are Rated Type (UL, CSA, NEMA) 4, 4X and 12, reducing the need to stock different SKUs for different rating listings.
The Panduit Data Access Port is internationally recognized with the CE Mark and complies with IP 65 and IP 66 per 60529 and is rated to UL50, UL50E, UL508A, CSA C22.2 NO. 14-13, and CSA C22.2 No. 94.1/No. 94.2.
To pre-order the Panduit Data Access Port, customers can contact their local distributor or Panduit sales representative. Additional part information is available here.
Since 1955, Panduit’s culture of curiosity and passion for problem solving have enabled more meaningful connections between companies’ business goals and their marketplace success. Panduit creates leading-edge physical, electrical, and network infrastructure solutions for enterprise-wide environments, from the data center to the telecom room, from the desktop to the plant floor. Headquartered in Tinley Park, Ill., USA and operating in 112 global locations, Panduit’s proven reputation for quality and technology leadership, coupled with a robust partner ecosystem, help support, sustain, and empower business growth in a connected world. For more information, visit www.panduit.com.