Taking lightweight safety footwear to the next level, Red Wing Shoe Company has expanded the Red Wing Lite Collection with Traction Tred Lite and new Women’s Zero-G Lite options. The new additions join the EXOS Lite and CoolTechÔ Athletics lines to form a best-in-class lightweight safety footwear collection that delivers safety without sacrificing comfort.
"Workers don't want to make compromises between safety and comfort. Our team is committed to developing premium, modern work footwear that provides all-day comfort and meets and exceeds safety standards," said Kristin Hamilton, senior product merchandising manager at Red Wing Shoe Company. “Our complete line of lightweight footwear was designed with form, fit and function in mind, allowing for a seamless transition between work, home and anything in between."
TRACTION TRED LITE
Evolving its classic Traction Tred family, Red Wing Shoes introduced Traction Tred Lite – an incredibly lightweight line of workboots that feature the iconic flat-bottom sole, offering all-day comfort and stability. The new collection uses a next-gen lightweight sole engineered with VibramÒ Litebase technology for incredible traction and durability without the extra weight of a typical outsole.
Ideal for craftsmen or craftswomen in the skilled trades, the Traction Tred Lite line is designed for those who spend all day on their feet and built for a variety of indoor and outdoor medium-duty jobs in industries including construction and manufacturing. Key performance features of the ASTM-compliant Traction Tred Lite models include:
- Lightweight Sole: The new LiteTred Sole is engineered with Vibram® Litebase technology. It’s a revolutionary technology that reduces the overall sole weight through a reduction of the sole thickness while maintaining Vibram® quality in slip, oil and abrasion resistance with high durability and performance.
- Superior Stability: The flat LiteTred Sole features no heel for stable footing and the shallow lug pattern minimizes mud or rock build-up on the boot.
- Exceptional Comfort: A high-density polyurethane insole enhances comfort while a gel pad layer provides extra cushioning in high-impact areas and pressure points. In addition, foam padding within the collar provides extra cushioning around the ankle.
- Safety: A non-metallic Nano composite safety toe offers protection with less weight than a traditional steel safety toe. A soft toe option is also offered.
- Style: Waterproof leather is offered in three on-trend colors – Saddle Voyageur, Oro Logger and Espresso Voyageur – and available in chukka, 6-inch and 8-inch silhouettes.
The Zero-G Lite line, the lightest in the Red Wing arsenal, now has ultra-lightweight fashion-forward offerings for women that look like everyday shoes but perform like work boots. These new styles, designed specifically for the unique shape of a woman’s foot, are an expansion of the existing Zero-G Lite collection first introduced in 2019.
The Zero-G Lite family, with its stylish, modern design and incredibly light footprint, redefines the typical safety toe shoe without sacrificing durability and superior performance. Zero-G Lite is designed for light-duty industrial jobs inclusive of warehouse, distribution, light manufacturing, service and office-to-floor roles. It’s for workers who are on their feet regularly – both on the job and outside of work.
Key performance and style features of the new women’s Zero-G Lite models include:
- Designed for a woman’s foot: The new styles are purpose-built to fit the unique shape of a woman’s foot using a custom last.
- Outsole: The incredibly light X-Lite Surge outsole is non-marking and offers best-in-class slip, oil, gas and chemical resistance.
- Innovation: The Zero-G Lite family utilizes the innovative XL EXTRALIGHTâ Industrial Plus Compound that contributes to key features of the X-Lite Surge outsole.
- Comfort: The EVA footbed provides high-rebound cushioning at key strike points, features antimicrobial treatment to control odors and is sustainably made with green materials.
- Safety protection: Select styles offer a low-profile aluminum safety toe and are available with either electrical hazard or static dissipative protection. A soft toe option is also available.
- Styles: Offered in slip-on, chukka and 5-inch zip-up boot styles made with premium full-grain leather.
RAISING THE BAR FOR LIGHTWEIGHT SAFETY FOOTWEAR
The Red Wing Lite Collection, comprised of the Traction Tred Lite, Zero-G Lite, EXOS Lite and CoolTechÔ Athletics families, is a hardworking, industry-leading offering of extremely lightweight safety footwear options.
The lightest work boot in Red Wing’s history, EXOS Lite was designed for indoor and outdoor medium-duty jobs in warehousing, distribution, construction, light manufacturing and service environments with several ASTM- and CSA-compliant models. The CoolTechÔ Athletics line, ideal for warehousing, light manufacturing, production and transportation, recently expanded to include a 4-inch waterproof hiker boot for men.