A worker who was critically burned in an electrical fire at the new Bloomington, Ind., Wal-Mart Supercenter in August has filed a lawsuit alleging Wal-Mart and two other companies did not provide proper safety, according to the Associated Press.
A lawyer said he is preparing a similar suit on behalf of another contractor who was critically injured in the Aug. 26 fire.
The men were employees of Electromation Inc., of Muncie, Ind., and were burned when electrical panels they were working on became charged with up to 12,000 volts of electricity and shorted. The suit filed Friday on behalf of Stephen Abbott, 27, of Otterbein said that the contractors previously worked on electrical units only when the power was off.
The suit in Monroe Circuit Court named Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the LaSalle Group Inc., and Duke Energy as defendants and asked for a jury trial to determine unspecified damages.
Burned worker sues over Wal-Mart accident - (10/11)
October 11, 2006