“Our green powered schools are giving kids a brighter future in more ways than one. They’re leading the way in protecting our health and environment, and moving the country into the clean energy economy of the 21st century,” said EPA Administrator Lisa P. Jackson. “This is a great lesson on how we reduce harmful pollution in our skies and get America running on clean energy.”
The five schools using the greenest power are:
- Austin Independent School District (Austin, Texas)
- Round Rock Independent School District (Round Rock, Texas)
- Rochester City School District (Rochester, N.Y.)
- Bullis School (Potomac, Md.)
- The Dalton School (New York, N.Y.)
To view the entire top 20 list of K-12 schools, visit http://www.epa.gov/greenpower/toplists/top20k-12schools.htm.