Capital Safety Announces i-Safe™ 3.0
May 6, 2011
Capital Safety, home of the DBI-SALA™ and PROTECTA® brands of fall protection equipment, today announced the launch of the i-Safe™ 3.0 Intelligent Safety System. The system is a significant upgrade to the existing i-Safe™ 2.0 system, which was launched in 2006. Capital Safety’s i-Safe became the first radio frequency identification (RFID) system dedicated to fall protection equipment and inspection tracking. Since the initial launch, Capital Safety has continued to make substantial investments in support of i-Safe’s commitment to improve safety compliance and reduce risk. Today, Capital Safety is proud to announce the launch of i-Safe 3.0, a significant upgrade that makes managing a safety program easier and more cost-effective.
“With the expanded features now inherent in the i-Safe 3.0 system, it has become an even more advantageous product for our customers,” said Tim Maroushek, global product director for Capital Safety. “Our aim was to enhance the widely accepted i-Safe 2.0 system and build on its value to save time, improve safety compliance, reduce risk and enhance user safety through consistent inspection and asset management. With i-Safe 3.0, we’ve made another significant leap towards achieving that goal.”
Key system upgrades include:
- Multiple software offerings: Four software options now allow a company to decide if they want Capital Safety to host their data or if they want to manage the data themselves utilizing their own corporate computers or network server.
- Customizable: Offers the speed and benefits of pre-packaged solutions along with the advantages of tailoring features to their specific needs so they can efficiently manage their safety inspection program and assets.
- Consistent Inspection Tracking: Extensive list of standard and customized end-user prompted inspection checklists to ensure more consistent inspections with detailed notations, photos and inspection status.
- Effective Asset Management: The dynamic filtering mechanism allows a company to easily identify, track and reassign the location, status and history of their valuable safety assets.
- Versatile Management Reports: Generates a wide range of operations and management reports including inspection reports, summary of hazards, top 10 hazards, inspector statistics and more.
- Inspection Scheduling and Trigger Alerts: Proactively shares information throughout the organization by advising site managers of upcoming or overdue inspections.
- Flexibility: Provides for the flexibility to use High Frequency RFID tags and readers or barcode information capture.