PureSafety, the industry’s leading provider of comprehensive workforce health and safety software, has unveiled the agenda for its annual User Conference, which will be held September 13-16, 2011, at the Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel.
The conference will provide information critical to those interested in improving employee training, health and safety management in any industry. It will bring together health, safety and human resources professionals and other business leaders to discuss the latest advances in workforce health and safety management. Attendees can select sessions ranging from OSHA’s effects on health care to managing exposures to workplace hazards.
Former Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen, author of the recently released book, “Fresh Medicine: How to Fix Reform and Build a Sustainable Health Care System” will provide the keynote address.
Additional presenters include:
- Brian Roberts, National Director Workers’ Compensation for CNA Risk Control, and Mike Ladd, Consulting Director for CNA Risk Control – Building a Successful Return to Work Program. This session will discuss the value and importance of creating a custom return-to-work management program. It will identify how these programs help control costs, make it possible to identify indirect costs and, most importantly, how companies can start creating a program of their own.
- Joyce Hood, MPH, RN, COHN-S, Director, Occupational Health Services for Cook Children's Health Care System – Herding Cats: The Art and Science of Loss Control and Injury Prevention. Ms. Hood will analyze the successes of the injury prevention program of a health care network with more than 5,000 employees. Attendees will learn how the company reduced losses by more than 70 percent by identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Scott Harris, PhD, MSPH, Global Risk Manager for IESO, LLC – OSHA in Healthcare. Dr. Harriswill examine the myths nurtured by The Joint Commission (TJC) accreditations and health care inspections by OSHA, which have marginalized occupational health and safety programs.
- Jennifer Lee, MD, Vanderbilt University Medical Center – Skin Penetration: Hazardous Materials at Work. This session will highlight the numerous potential exposures in the workplace that can result in skin problems, from short-term contact to repeated, prolonged exposure to a chemical. Dr. Lee will also review the skin changes which occur after chemical exposure and will describe treatment options.
- Mike Ladd, Consulting Director for CNA Risk Control – Addressing Health Hazard Exposures: A Safety Professional’s Approach. This presentation will guide safety professionals through the transition from hazard recognition to subjective evaluation. Attendees will learn how to follow a step-wise approach, using only their five senses and common sense, to lower potential employee injury exposures and understand the true costs of injuries and the financial impact on an organization.
- K. Bryance Metheny, Attorney at Law, Burr & Forman LLP – Today’s OSHA Environment: What Your Lawyer Wants You to Know. Employers are being made more responsible than ever for ensuring the safety and well-being of their employees. This session will educate attendees on emerging issues in the OSHA enforcement arena and give recommendations on how to survive in this new environment.
In addition to these presenters, PureSafety’s industry experts will lead sessions on a wide range of topics including how to conduct a thorough accident investigation, creating a culture of early reporting and improving worker health and ROI.
Full agenda and registration information can be found online at www.puresafety.com/conference2011.
PureSafety, the industry's leading provider of comprehensive workforce health and safety solutions, provides innovative software and services that protect the well-being of workers, ensure organizational compliance and peace of mind, and drive measurable business improvement. The company’s growing team of 200 industry professionals serves more than 2,300 organizations in more than 20 major industries, including manufacturing, health care, construction, distribution, and energy, and encompasses 35 percent of the Fortune 100. Headquartered in the Nashville area, PureSafety has additional locations in Colorado Springs, Colo.and Skowhegan, Maine. To learn more visit www.puresafety.com or call 888-202-3016.