Kimberly-Clark Professional offers product solutions to protect against risks faced by oil and gas industry workers
Offerings support worker safety for drilling and refining operations
To protect against the many hazards faced by workers in the oil and gas field as well as to provide the tools they need to work productively, Kimberly-Clark Professional is introducing a range of personal protection and wiping solutions for upstream, midstream and downstream operations.
Oil and gas industry workers must contend with a variety of health and safety risks, including exposure to harmful chemicals, gases, vapors and fumes as well as falls, burns, cuts, hand injuries and a high risk of noise-related hearing loss. The occupational fatality rate for the oil and gas extraction industry is more than seven times greater than the rate for all U.S. workers.[i] In addition, the median days away from work rate, a key measure of the severity of injuries and illnesses, for drilling oil and gas workers was 30, much higher than the median of seven for all industries, according to the most recent data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) (2007[ii]).
"Workers in these industries must be able to do their jobs efficiently, comfortably and safely, knowing they are protected from the many risks associated with drilling and refining," said Dave Hoeller, manufacturing target market leader, Kimberly-Clark Professional. "These offerings are aimed at creating Exceptional Workplaces by helping to keep workers healthier, safer and more productive in extreme conditions."
The innovative product bundle is specifically designed for the oil and gas industry. It includes head-to-toe protection – such as disposable apparel, eye protection, head and face protection, hearing protection, respiratory protection and hand protection, as well as welding blankets and contour layout systems. The products offer protection as well as comfort to help increase compliance and create a safer work environment. Wiping solutions provide superior cleaning to meet the highest performance standards, increase productivity and improve cost-in-use.
The Kimberly-Clark Professional oil and gas offerings feature solutions from trusted, well-known brands such as Jackson Safety, Kleenguard and Wypall. They include:
- A range of disposable coveralls that offer flame resistance as well as protection against chemical splashes, liquids and particles
- High-performance goggles and safety eyewear, including the Nemesis and Calico brands, with a variety of comfort features and lens options, such as anti-fog, polarized, smoke/mirror and clear
- Durable and comfortable welding helmets with both Auto Darkening and Passive Filters, including the Jackson Safety W60 Truesight ADF helmet
- Hard hats with 360-degree brim protection and other head protection
- Face shields that protect against chemical and general splashes, flying debris, dust and other hazards
- Reusable and multi-use ear plugs that offer protection, comfort and performance
- Single- and dual-valve respirators that offer protection along with comfort for all-day wear
- Chemical and cut-resistant gloves that perform in a wide range of applications—providing outstanding protection and dexterity as well as excellent oil, grease and dry grip
- Fiberglass and silicone-coated welding blankets, as well as welding screens and curtains
- Contour layout systems, including cylindrical pipe markers and flange aligning tools
- A range of absorbent and versatile disposable wipers, including Wypall wiping solutions for heavy and general purpose industrial wiping tasks and waterless hand cleaning wipes
For more information about these and other products, visit www.kcprofessional.com or call 1-888-GOKC (4652).
About Kimberly-Clark Professional
Kimberly-Clark Professional partners with businesses to create Exceptional Workplaces for their employees and patrons. KCP helps transform workplaces making them healthier, safer and more productive. Key brands in this segment include: Kleenex, Scott, WypAll, Kimtech, and Jackson Safety. Kimberly-Clark Professional, located in Roswell, Ga., is one of Kimberly-Clark Corporation's four business segments and can be visited on the web at www.kcprofessional.com.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world's population trust K-C's brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No. 1 or No. 2 share position in more than 80 countries. To keep up with the latest K-C news and to learn more about the company's 140-year history of innovation, visit www.kimberly-clark.com.
[i] National Institute for Occupational Health and Safety (NIOSH), Oil and Gas Extraction,
[ii] Bureau of Labor Statistics, Fact Sheet, Oil and Gas Industry