Virtual conferences are becoming a staple to complement good old bricks and mortar meetings. This is particularly important with travel budgets still tight, and the need to obtain certification maintenance points essential.
Virtual AIHce 2013 offers the option of hearing and seeing education sessions from the comfy confines of home or business offices. Heck, you can “attend” the conference wearing your pajamas.
Virtual attendees register online, choose the virtual option, and can take in these events:
- 8:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Opening Session: The Medici Effect: Groundbreaking Innovation at the Intersection of Disciplines and Cultures
- 10:30 a.m.-12:30 a.m. RT 205– Active Fall Protection: An International Perspective
- 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. RT 209– Confined Space Entry: Challenges and Solutions
- 8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m. General Session: Straight from the Top! A Conversation on Occupational Health & Safety
- 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. RT 218– Crystalline Silica: Issues and Controls
- 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. RT 226– Ethics: Global and Emerging Issues
- 8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m. General Session: The Industrial Hygienist’s Guide to Total Worker Health™
- 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. RT 227– Duct Cleaning in a LEED Gold Health Care Construction Project
- 1:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m. CR 314– Emergency Response: The 3 C’s for Managing Safety and Environmental Issues during a Spill Event
- 3:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. CR 315– Prescription Drugs in the Workplace: An Employers Guide for Screening and Prevention
- 5:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m. RT 240– Industrial Ventilation: Moving to a World View
- 8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m. RT 243– Blending Art and Science to Meet the Needs of Nanotechnology: An Update from NIOSH
- 12:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. SS 004– Health Hazards Associated with Hydraulic Fracturing and Other Natural Gas Activities
- Guided presentations and abstracts over the web.
- Opportunities to interact live during Q&A.
- Education programs available in short, manageable time frames throughout the day.
- Cost effective training opportunities for individuals, groups or local sections.
- One single log in connection per registered site (web and audio).
Attendance and participation is required to earn certification credit. Virtual AIHce 2013 is eligible for up to 26.5 CM credit hours and COCs.