How to plan emergency or supplemental heating for your facility in five steps
Don't be left in the cold this winter! Here are the key steps to developing an emergency or supplemental portable heating plan for winter:
1. Identify critical areas to be heated in the event of an emergency or shutdown of the primary heating system.
2. Get educated on available heating options. Click here for an informative article on portable heat pumps and other heating devices. Talk to your equipment supplier about which ones are the best for your needs.
3. Make sure there is a backup generator to provide sufficient power for portable heating in the event of a power outage.
4. Look for nearby power outlets with the required voltage and phase. Determine requirements for electrical cables or extension cords if needed.
5. Establish a written plan using the information collected above.
Wherever you are located, Atlas has a network of company-owned full-service locations to help develop a custom-tailored portable heating plan. A leading distributor of portable heating and cooling equipment since 1979, Atlas stocks a wide inventory at all locations to make sure you get the equipment you need, when you need it.
For more information, email Atlas today or call 800-972-6600. Your call will automatically be routed to your nearest Atlas Sales and Rentals office.