The EM-O Compact mist collector from Camfil APC is an affordable option for smaller machine shops looking to provide a cleaner and safer work environment. This plug-and-play, small-footprint mist collector was designed to separate either oil or synthetic coolant mist from the air before it is inhaled by operators or settles on machines, floors and other surfaces.
Occupational exposures to pesticides and metals are associated with an increased prevalence of cardiovascular disease (CVD) among Hispanics/Latinos, according to a study published online Dec. 11 in Heart.
Catherine M. Bulka, Ph.D., from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and colleagues analyzed cross-sectional data from 7,404 employed Hispanic/Latino individuals aged 18 to 74 years.
According to the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA), an important step toward keeping Michigan workers safe from lead exposure in the workplace was realized last week with the filing of updated administrative rules that lower acceptable blood lead levels, replacing decades-old standards. The new rules became effective December 11, 2018.
A survey conducted earlier this year by a Canadian bank found that nearly 40 per cent of British Columbia (B.C.) homeowners were planning on renovating their homes. And while that’s great news for the construction industry, it’s important to be aware of the health dangers that asbestos-containing building materials in older homes pose to contractors and their crew.
(And it may get you through security faster, too.)
November 25, 2018
Planning on traveling by air for the Christmas holiday? The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) wants to help you make it to your destination safely. You can help with that by paying close attention to what’s in your bag.
Mexican authorities in March blamed "asphyxia by inhalation of toxic gases" for the deaths of four Iowa family members vacationing in the Caribbean resort town of Tulum. Members of the Sharp family — identified by authorities in their home state of Iowa as Kevin Sharp, 41, Amy Sharp, 38, and their children, 12-year-old Sterling and 7-year-old Adrianna — were found during a welfare check at the resort condominium they rented.
Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs when carbon monoxide builds up in your bloodstream. When too much carbon monoxide is in the air, your body replaces the oxygen in your red blood cells with carbon monoxide. This can lead to serious tissue damage, or even death.
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas produced by burning gasoline, wood, propane, charcoal or other fuel. Improperly ventilated appliances and engines, particularly in a tightly sealed or enclosed space, may allow carbon monoxide to accumulate to dangerous levels.
In today's world, a single fingerprint can be the difference between multiple deaths and a man locked away, safely away from the public. A Florida man has been charged with sending 14 homemade pipe bombs to political figures such as former President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, among others.
During a 2006 biopsy of a worrisome growth on his thyroid gland, while a needle was still lodged in his neck, Arizona veterinarian Brett Cordes was surprised by a question from his endocrinologist.
The doctor, Cordes said, “asked me if I handled chemotherapy and hazardous drugs” at work, and he acknowledged that he did.