- OIL & GAS
The new board members will be inducted into office at AIHA’s annual business meeting on Thursday, June 4, during the annual American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition (AIHce) in Toronto, May 30–June 4. This meeting will also mark the beginning of the terms of Cathy L. Cole, CIH, CSP, as president; Michael T. Brandt, DrPH, CIH, as president-elect; Lindsay E. Booher, CIH, CSP, as past president; and Cynthia A. Ostrowski, CIH, as secretary. Allan K. Fleeger, CIH, CSP, will continue his term as treasurer.
The results of the AIHA election are as follows:
- Elizabeth L. Pullen, CIH, was elected AIHA’s new vice president. Pullen served as a member of the AIHA Board of Directors from 2003–2006 and as secretary since 2006. She has been a member of AIHA since 1982 and serves as industrial hygiene manager for the Clariant Corporation.
- Harry J. Beaulieu, PhD, CIH, CSP, was elected AIHA’s treasurer-elect. Beaulieu served as a member of the AIHA Board of Directors from 2004–2007 and is currently a member of the AIHA Finance Committee. He has been a member of AIHA since 1975 and serves as president and senior scientist for Industrial Hygiene Resources.
- Alan J. Leibowitz, CIH, CSP, was elected to the AIHA Board of Directors. He has been a member of AIHA since 1980 and serves as the director for Environmental Health and Safety for the ITT Corporation.
- Charles F. Redinger, PhD, CIH, was elected to the AIHA Board of Directors. He has been a member of AIHA since 1986 and serves as principal for Redinger & Associates, Inc.
- David C. Roskelley, MSPH, CIH, CSP, was elected to the AIHA Board of Directors. He has been a member of AIHA since 1998 and serves as principal for R & R Environmental, Inc.
On the same ballot, membership approved a bylaws amendment to change the definition of student member to include part-time graduate students for up to two years. Prior to this bylaws change, only full-time graduate students were eligible for student membership.