OSHA puts new workers' rights video online
March 5, 2015
Viewers of the video are directed to www.osha.gov/workers for more information. There’ll they’ll learn about:
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (OSH Act) was passed to prevent workers from being killed or seriously harmed at work.
- Workers' rights under the OSH Act: Workers are entitled to working conditions that do not pose a risk of serious harm.
Also on the web page:
How workers can:
- Ask OSHA to inspect their workplace;
- Use their rights under the law without retaliation and discrimination;
- Receive information and training about hazards, methods to prevent harm, and the OSHA standards that apply to their workplace. The training must be in a language you can understand;
- Get copies of test results done to find hazards in the workplace;
- Review records of work-related injuries and illnesses;
- Get copies of their medical records.