Mount Vernon FR and Carhartt were selected as recipients of FabricLink Network's Annual Top 10 Innovation Awards for the Carhartt Flame-Resistant (FR) Extremes™ Arctic outerwear. The Extremes Arctic line utilizes Mount Vernon FR's AMTEX™ Plus fabric - a nylon and cotton blend - and Carhartt's Wind Fighter technology, to lead the way in protective yet comfortable outerwear for workers in extreme weather conditions. Unique features of the line, made up of a parka, coat, biberall and hood, include:
- Lightweight insulation for superior warmth without the bulk
- FR Sherpa lining to trap air and maintain warmer core body temperature
- Hi-vis reflective trim for safety
- Multiple utility pockets for convenient storage (12 total)
- Large, mitten-friendly zipper pulls for ease of use
The FabricLink Network's award affirms Mount Vernon FR and Carhartt's shared commitment to producing innovative, durable and high-quality products that enable workers to work in comfort without worry.
"We are honored to be recognized for our innovative accomplishments in textiles and technologies. As always, our commitment is to provide workers with the best equipment possible and we believe this award reflects their satisfaction with our products," said Mike Woods, vice president of FR fabrics for Mount Vernon FR