Cirrus Research moves into vibration market with new product
Noise measurement specialists Cirrus Research are moving in to the vibration detection market for the first time with the launch of its new RevoTM Vibration Meter.
The Revo provides a simple and convenient way to measure, analyse and assess vibration data – ideal for assessing Hard-Arm or Whole Body Vibration exposure.
It meets all the relevant industry standards such as ISO 5349 and European Directive 2002/44/EC as well as the ISO 8041:2005. It is also capable of measuring four channels simultaneously.
The robust but compact instrument can also be used to measure Whole Body Vibration to ISO 2631, as well as vibration on passenger and merchant ships to ISO 6954.
It typically comes as part of a complete measurement kit, which includes the accessories required to carry out Hand-Arm Vibration measurements and handle mounts for the Triaxial Accelerometer. An extended range of accessories is also available, which allows it to be used in a wide range of additional applications.
In addition to the measurement of vibration for human exposure, the Revo can also measure three channels of FFT data. This is used to analyse vibration in machinery, vehicles and other vibrating structures.
The Revo boasts a compact design, colour OLED display and can store up to 10,000 measurements, as well as up to 1000 FFT measurements. Its simple software for data transfer and calculation of Daily Exposure A(8) is also very user-friendly. It can operate for between 10-14 hours using just 3xAAA batteries and the USB interface allows easy transfer of to any PC.
Marketing Manager Thomas Shelton said: "This is a strategic diversification for Cirrus Research. We have found that vibration monitoring was becoming more and more linked to our sector, so it was a natural progression to add vibration products to our portfolio.
"We believe the Revo has everything you could need in a vibration meter and is both price and aesthetically very appealing. The feedback from the market and our clients so far has been very positive and sales enquiries are already very buoyant as a result."
Key components of the Revo include:
- Hand-Arm measurements in accordance with ISO 5349:2001
- European Directive 2002/44/EC & the Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005
- Whole-body vibration measurements to ISO 2631
- Vibrations on passenger and merchant ships to ISO 6954
- Meets ISO 8041:2005 standards
- SEAT measurement at driver seats with options KD:103 Triaxial Whole Body Seat Accelerometer
- Condition monitoring of rotating machinery in three axes
- Vibration measurement in vehicles and other vibrating structures
- Display of running and interval RMS, maximum RMS (MTVV), vibration dose value (VDV), vector sum, peak and maximum peak value Key features
- Supplied as a complete Hand-Arm vibration kit with Triaxial Accelerometer
- Four independent measuring channels with IEPE inputs & TEDS support
- Fourth channel for SEAT measurements at driver seats
- Measurement of acceleration for Hand-Arm & velocity/displacement for Machine Vibration
- Weighting filters to ISO 8041 Wh for hand-arm vibration and Wb, Wc, Wd, Wj, Wk & Wm for whole-body vibration
- Display of interval and running RMS, maximum RMS (MTVV), interval RMS, estimated Vibration Dose Value (eVDV), Vector Sum, Peak and Maximum Peak values
- 3-channel FFT for the detection of main frequencies
You can see the Revo at the Safety & Health Expo 2015, 16-18th June at London ExCel.
About Cirrus Research plc
Founded in 1970, Cirrus Research plc is a leading specialist in the development and production of noise measurement instruments. Its latest scientific and technological developments are utilised to produce noise measurement instrumentation equipment to accurately measure noise and its impact.
As an industry leader, all of its products are manufactured in the UK and are used in a wide range of different applications within the construction, transport, aviation, manufacturing and leisure & sport sectors.
Cirrus is part of the British Safety Industry Federation's Registered Safety Supplier Scheme, identifying its organisation and products as 'genuine and safe', assuring customers that the products supplied are genuine, properly tested and certificated. Cirrus Research is an ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 Registered Company.