The MSA ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector now comes standard with integrated Bluetooth! The Bluetooth platform opens a world of possibilities to improve safety, flexibility and support for users of MSA gas detection. By focusing on Bluetooth integration, MSA has created a scalable platform for connected portable gas detection. Some initial applications for Bluetooth connectivity include integration with MSA’s ALTAIR Connect* App, allowing users to:
- Improve safety with automatic text notifications of alarm events with GPS location (from an Android mobile device) and calibration or bump to user-defined recipient groups.
- Configure and maintain instruments remotely.
- View and create specific instrument calibration reports (*requires Android 4.0 or higher).
- Link gas readings (future platform) through MSA's G1 SCBA for seamless incorporation into the A2 Accountability System. This feature will provide real-time data that empowers incident responders to make informed decisions about firefighter safety and health.
- Develop and implement scalable solutions that eliminate the need for costly investments in wireless infrastructure.
By partnering with cutting edge providers of intrinsically safe smartphones and maintaining an open platform for developers and integrators, gas detection can become a part of most plant solutions. For more information, contact MSA Customer Service at 1-800-672-2222 or visit www.MSAsafety.com
These Safety at the Speed of Now bulletins are available for your reference:
MSA ALTAIR Connect App, Bulletin 0802-124
Wireless Gas Detection, Bulletin 0802-123