The American Industrial Hygiene Association® (AIHA) inducted Steven E. Lacey, PhD, CIH, CSP, at AIHce as the new President of AIHA's Board of Directors at the Annual Business Meeting on May 26, during the 2016 American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition (AIHce) in Inner Harbor Baltimore, Md. Lacey is an Associate Professor and Department Chair at the Indiana University Fairbanks School of Public Health.
Lacey has been an active member of AIHA for over a decade and has served as Director and then Treasurer prior to the Presidential role. He has also served on AIHA committees, including Chair of the Engineering Committee, and as Founding Chair of the Student and Early Career Professionals Committee. Lacey is an integral part of the AIHA IH Professional Pathways program.
"It is an honor to be representing AIHA in the presidential capacity," Lacey said. "I look forward to building on AIHA's 75 years of supporting the professionals that protect worker health."
The 2016-2017 Board of Directors consists of:
- President-elect - Deborah Imel Nelson, PhD, CIH
- Vice President - Cynthia A. Ostrowski, MS, CIH, FAIHA
- Past President - Daniel H. Anna, PhD, CIH, CSP
- Treasurer - J. Lindsay Cook, CIH, CSP
- Secretary - Kathleen S. Murphy, CIH
- Secretary-elect - Michael Rosenow, MPH, CIH, CSP
- Director - Joselito S. Ignacio, MA, MPH, CIH, CSP, REHS
- Director - Cathy Hovde, CIH, CSP
- Director - Donna S. Heidel, CIH
- Director - Jennifer Sahmel, MPH, CIH, CSP
- Director - Nancy M. McClellan, CIH, CHMM, MPH
- Director - Dina Mary Siegel, CIH, CSP, CBSP
- Interim Executive Director - Nancy Green, FASAE, CAE
Lacey's term runs through AIHce 2017, which will take place in Seattle, Washington, June 2 - 8, 2017.
Founded in 1939, the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) is the premier association of occupational and environmental health and safety professionals. AIHA's 10,000 members play a crucial role on the front line of worker health and safety every day. Members represent a cross-section of industry, private business, labor, government and academia. More information is available at www.aiha.org.