Foot fatigue is a common condition that occurs after you stand or walk for long periods of time. The foot muscles become overly tired and cramp, causing the sufferer to experience pain and begin to limp. Foot fatigue is especially common in a workplace environment where you are on your feet all day as well as in runners.
Foot fatigue can be contributed to a number of factors from your age to the amount of time you spend on your feet. Foot fatigue can also be caused by other foot conditions such as flat feet.
Here are symptoms of foot fatigue?
These symptoms can be experienced in the entire foot or in a localized position such as the ball of the foot, arch or heel.
How is foot fatigue diagnosed?
Foot fatigue can usually be diagnosed at home. Your podiatrist can confirm whether or not you have foot fatigue with a physical examination.
What treatments can I do from home for foot fatigue?
- Stretch and massage your feet in the morning and the evening to help loosen and relax your muscles.
- Wear comfortable shoes with a proper fit that give your feet adequate support.
- Use Orthotics that give adequate support and comfort.
What can I do to prevent foot fatigue?
The most common form of the prevention of foot fatigue is to wear comfortable shoes with proper support. This is even more important if you are going to be standing or walking for long periods of time.
To avoid the battle of finding the perfect shoes, many people use Orthotics that give adequate support and comfort with any shoe, including those you already own.
Most cases of foot fatigue can be treated from home, however you should see a doctor if your foot fatigue grows worse, or you find you cannot obtain relief from the pain. If this is the case there may be another underlying cause, such as Flat Feet.
Treatments your doctor may recommend for foot fatigue:
- Wearing comfortable shoes with a proper fit.
- Wearing shoes with adequate support.
- Give your feet a rest during the day and take breaks, if possible.
- Foot fatigue is mainly treatable with rest and relaxation.