Welding torch ignites fire; one worker hospitalized
One person was transported to the hospital after an accident at a warehouse caused an explosion in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, fire officials say.
Authorities say a man dragged an oil barrel from outside a garage area to just inside it. He then used a welding torch to remove the top of the barrel to use it as a trash can.
The barrel exploded when the torch ignited a small amount of oil residue in the bottom of the barrel.
The force of the explosion pushed the man into a wall.
According to authorities, employees used fire extinguishers to put the fire out.
Source: WCSC TV, Charleston, SC http://www.live5news.com/story/36832330/firefighters-welding-torch-caused-barrel-explosion-injuring-mt-pleasant-mechanic