ACGIH® and its renowned Industrial Ventilation Committee present a popular continuing education course in September.
Fundamentals in Industrial Ventilation & Practical Applications of Useful Equations will be held September 17–21, 2018 at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Cincinnati-Blue Ash in Cincinnati, Ohio. Earlybirds who register for the course on or before August 20, 2018 will save $100.00.
Fundamentals in Industrial Ventilation is a course that covers both basic and advanced topics related to industrial ventilation including:
- The behavior of air and chemical contaminants in the air
- Industrial process exhaust system design (including ACGIH® calculation methods)
- Make-up and supply air ventilation systems
- Dilution ventilation systems
- Selection and design of exhaust hoods, ducts, and fittings
- Fans and air cleaners (including Fan Laws)
- Troubleshooting and testing of existing systems
- Hands-on testing and measurements
Practical Applications of Useful Equations serves as the perfect complement to Fundamentals in Industrial Ventilation. Practical Applications of Useful Equations closely follows ACGIH®’s Quantitative Industrial Hygiene: A Formula Workbook supplied to participants and includes:
- Calculation and estimation approaches related to airborne contaminants
- TLV® and TWA
- OA for dilution, fans, system testing, sound and noise, heat stress, radiation, ventilation, statistics, chemistry, etc.
- A calculations lab in which participants work in a team environment
Course participants will receive ACGIH®’s Industrial Ventilation: A Manual of Recommended Practice for Design, 29th Edition, Industrial Ventilation: A Manual of Recommended Practice for Operation and Maintenance and Quantitative Industrial Hygiene: A Formula Workbook, ACGIH® Velocity Pressure Method Calculation Spreadsheet for performing calculations and equations covered in the primary workbooks provided with the course, including ventilation system design, a CD-ROM with copies of classroom PowerPoint presentations, copies of labs and exercises along with supplementary course materials, and course handouts.
This course contains 32 hours of instruction and may be eligible for ABIH CM credit and/or BCSP recertification points. See the ABIH (www.abih.org) and/or the BCSP (www.bcsp.org) websites for credit criteria. Attendees will be presented with Certificates of Completion at the conclusion of the course.
Those interested in attending this continuing education course can register online at http://www.acgih.org/forms/meeting/Microsite/FundPrac_Sep18, Can’t make the September date? Join us November 5–9, 2018.
ACGIH® is a 501(c)(3) charitable scientific organization that advances occupational and environmental health. ACGIH® is one of the industry’s leading publications resources, with approximately 400 titles relative to occupational and environmental health and safety, including the renowned TLVs® and BEIs®. For more information, visit the ACGIH® website at http://www.acgih.org or call our Customer Service Representatives at 513-742-2020.