On Monday the National Safety Council honored six individuals with the Distinguished Service to Safety Award, the highest award given to safety professionals by the Council. Recipients were honored at the Opening Session of the NSC Congress & Expo in Houston.
“Our DSSA winners bring several lifetimes of dedication and commitment to safety,” said Deborah A.P. Hersman, president and CEO of the National Safety Council. “Honoring their achievements we can set the bar for what’s possible, and inspire others to pursue our shared goal of eliminating preventable deaths.”
Honorees are nominated by their colleagues and reviewed by NSC Division Committees. The following individuals were selected:
- Mack Cowan, scientific director, Texas Breath Alcohol Testing Program for the Texas Department of Safety
- Brian L. Fielkow, CEO, Jetco Delivery
- Glenn A. Murray, senior fellow, Campbell Institute
- Tim Page-Bottorff, CSP, CET, senior consultant, SafeStart
- SMSgt B. Leubinka Romero, Superintendent 55th Wing Safety Directorate, Offutt AFB, Nebraska
- Dave Trumble, Vice President, Grey Bruce Labour Council, Ontario, Canada
More about the NSC awards programs can be found at nsc.org/awards.