Today, optrel, a leading manufacturer of active eye protection products, introduced its new crystal2.0 welding helmet with Crystal 2.0 Lens Technology (CLT2.0) — representing a quantum leap forward in optical clarity for welders before, during, and after welding.
Traditionally, glare-protection features on welding helmets hamper a welder’s safety and productivity with a clouded and falsified view of the environment and workpiece.
The new flagship optrel crystal2.0 welding helmet delivers 31% visible light transmission in its light state (Protection Level 2.0) — setting a new world record for best brightness and breaking the record optrel itself set three years ago. The crystal2.0’s true color perception is also industry-leading, delivering a nearly-perfect color spectrum that provides unsurpassed optical clarity for welders of their work and job site. In its light state, the view is the same as looking through a clear glass window. In its Dark State, the crystal2.0 provides a high-contrast view of the welding pool and best-in-class clearness.
The crystal2.0 welding helmet features a host of innovative technologies that make welding both safer and more productive, including:
- Autopilot Shade Level 4 to 12 automatically adapts shade levels to changing arc conditions.
- Twilight Function protects users after a weld from lighting changes and afterglow to reduce eye fatigue and strain
- Sensitivity Control adapts hood to work environment and requirements.
- Grind Mode offers the brightest vision available during grinding work.
- Heat-Reflecting Paint that keeps users 24% cooler than a traditional hood
- Sensor Slide enables users to set the sensor detection angle to meet individual requirements.
- Patented Excenter optimally positions the helmet on a user's head with just one twist.
- Comfort Headband offers an optimized weight balance to protect both neck and back.
- 3-year Warranty from optrel following registration.
The helmet meets industries standards US ANSI Z87.1, European CE (EN379, EN166, EN175), and complies with Canadian CSA Z94.3.
The optrel crystal2.0 welding helmet is immediately available. Optionally, the crystal2.0 easily integrates with optrel’s e3000 PAPR Respiratory Protection System. An adapter allows use of the crystal2.0 with most standard brim hard hats. For more information, visit https://www.optrel.com/en/products/eye-protection/crystal20 or contact optrel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
optrel AG is a leading international manufacturer of innovative active eye protection products for the welding, grinding, and healthcare industries. It is a technological leader in the development of ADFs for the welding industry and other optoelectronic protection systems. Founded in 1986, optrel is headquartered in Wattwil, Switzerland. Its North American operations are based in East Greenwich, Rhode Island, USA. Visit optrel on the web at www.optrel.com.