Iowa ag worker dies of burn injuries
An employee of an Iowa hog operation has succumbed to his injuries, a month and a half after being burned in a workplace fire.
News reports say 38-year-old Jorge Orozco died Saturday at St. Elizabeth Burn Center in Lincoln, Nebraska.
The incident occurred September 30 at a hog confinement facility near Le Mars, Iowa. Orozco was using a power washer to clean the interior of a building. When he was refueling the equipment, he spilled gas on himself and the power washer. The vapors ignited, burning Orozco.
He was first rushed to a local healthcare facility, then flown to the burn center.