Rules of the road for cell phone users
- Wireless phones — when used appropriately — are a great safety tool. More than 140,000 emergency service calls are made from wireless phones.
- If you’re thinking about making a call while driving, first ask yourself "Is this the right time to make a call?" "Will this call distract me from my first responsibility to drive safely?"
- When you are on the phone while diving, let the person you are talking with know you're driving.
- Keep the call short.
- Use a hands free device and speed dial to place calls.
- Never take notes or look up phone numbers while driving.
- Never use your phone in heavy traffic or hazardous conditions.
Now be honest… how many of these cell phone rules of the road have your broken in the past week?