OSHA updates standards outlook
- Confined spaces in construction;
- Exposures to ethylene oxide and beryllium;
- Hearing conservation for construction workers;
- Presence sensing device initiation of mechanical power presses;
- Employer payment for PPE;
- Exposure to tuberculosis.
Proposed rules are expected on:
- Assigned Protection Factors: Amendments to the Final Rule on Respiratory Protection;
- Preventing exposures to hexavalent chromium and crystalline silica;
- Walking working surfaces and personal fall protection systems.
OSHA has dropped plans to set a broad standard mandating requirements for injury and illness prevention programs.