AIHA elects new board members
The American Industrial Hygiene Association® (AIHA) has announced the results of its 2012 election for the AIHA Board of Directors.
The new board members will be inducted into office at AIHA’s annual business meeting on Thursday, June 21, during the annual American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition (AIHce) in Indianapolis, Indiana, June 16 - 21.
This meeting will also mark the beginning of the terms of Allan K. Fleeger, CIH, CSP, as president; Barbara J. Dawson, CIH, CSP, as president-elect; Christine A.D. Lorenzo, CIH, as vice president; Elizabeth L. Pullen, CIH, as past president; Charles F. Redinger, PhD, CIH as secretary-elect; and Steven E. Lacey, PhD, CIH, CSP as treasurer.
The following candidates were elected to serve as Directors:
• Michael B. Amster, CIH, CSP, CHMM, PE, was elected as an AIHA Director. He has been a member of AIHA since 1978 and serves as the Principal Consultant of M.B. Amster & Associates, Inc. in Concord, Massachusetts.
• Joseph (Barry) Graffeo, CIH, was elected as an AIHA Director. He has been a member of AIHA since 1991 and serves as Industrial Hygienist for Eli Lilly & Company in Indianapolis, Indiana.
AIHA’s Board of Directors for 2012–2013 includes the following officers:
• President: Allan K. Fleeger, CIH, CSP
• President-Elect: Barbara J. Dawson, CIH, CSP
• Vice President: Christine A.D. Lorenzo, CIH
• Past President: Elizabeth L. Pullen, CIH
• Secretary: Daniel H. Anna, PhD, CIH, CSP
• Secretary-elect: Charles F. Redinger, PhD, CIH
• Treasurer: Steven E. Lacey, PhD, CIH, CSP
• Executive Director: Peter J. O’Neil, CAE
The following members will serve as AIHA directors for 2012–2013:
• Michael B. Amster, CIH, CSP, CHMM, PE
• William (Billy) H. Bullock, DHSc, CIH, CSP
• Joseph (Barry) Graffeo, CIH
• Dianne Grote Adams, CIH, CSP, CPEA
• Cheryl (Cheri) L. Marcham, PhD, CIH, CSP, CHMM
• Kathleen S. Murphy, CIH
Founded in 1939, the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) is the premier association of occupational and environmental health and safety professionals. AIHA’s 10,077 members play a crucial role on the front line of worker health and safety every day. Members represent a cross-section of industry, private business, labor, government, and academia. For more information, go to www.aiha.org.