Ergodyne announced today a 2015 refresh and enhancement to their renownedProFlex® Supports Line. The exciting updates are coming to ProFlex® Wrist Supports, ProFlex® Wrist Wraps,ProFlex® Knee Sleeves, as well as ProFlex® Elbow Support and Sleeves and will complete the full line overhaul that was kicked off by Back Supports in 2013?.
“Sprains and strains continue to be the number one workplace injury in the US each year, costing billions of dollars in lost productivity and worker compensation,” said Andy Olson, associate product director at Ergodyne. “This line specifically aims to address the effects of this by providing relief from discomfort and supplemental support, so workers can remain comfortable and safe while getting the job done.”
A number of changes to the models were made, including: new material colors, improved fabrics, new logo treatments, lower profile buckles (on the 4020 Wrist Support and 650 Knee Sleeve), larger thumb loops (on the 4020 Wrist Support), new binding and pre-curve design (on all sleeves), improved fabrics, pull tabs for easy on/off (on all straps), and more… All in an effort to improve the performance, comfort, breathability, shape, and design.
“This is a tried-and-true category for Ergodyne and we feel confident this update will deliver for the millions affected by painful sprains and strains each year,” said president/CEO Tom Votel. “These improvements make our line bolder, more comfortable, and more tenacious.”
Ideal for workers with minor sprains, strains, or exposure to repetitive motion on the job, Ergodyne's ProFlex® redesigned models will begin shipping April 2015 at all authorized Ergodyne distributors. For more information, visitwww.ergodyne.com or call 800.225.8238 // +1 651.642.9889.
Products Enhanced by Refresh?
- ProFlex® Wrist Supports
- provide supplemental support to help relieve discomfort associated with repetitive strain and overuse pains.
- 4000 Single Strap Wrist Support with patented Open-Center Stay™: Limits downward (flexion) wrist movements, three-stage hook and loop closure, durable elastic construction, anti-odor treatment
- 4010 Double Strap Wrist Support with Open-Center Stay™: Limits downward and upward (flexion and extension) movements, three-stage hook and loop closure, durable elastic construction, anti-odor treatment
- 4020 Lightweight Wrist Support with Open-Center Stay™: Lightweight, vented, compact design ideal for office, retail and light industrial work environments. Patented Open-Center-Stay™
- 670 Ambidextrous Single Strap Wrist Support: Neoprene wrist support with reversible hook and loop strap, ambidextrous
- 675 Ambidextrous Double Strap Wrist Support: Neoprene wrist support with two reversible hook and loop straps, ambidextrous
ProFlex® Wrist Wraps
provide support and relieve discomfort in the wrist associated with carpal tunnel or other repetitive motion issues. Both models include hook and loop closures for exact tension and fit.
- 400 Universal Wrist Wrap: Durable woven elastic wrist wrap with hook and loop closure, ambidextrous, universal size
- 420 Wrist Wrap with Thumb Loop: Durable woven elastic wrist wrap with thumb loop and hook and loop closure, ambidextrous
ProFlex® Knee Sleeves
conform to the body’s natural shape. Perforated neoprene four way stretch fabric provides uniform support and enhanced breathability.
- 600 Single-Layer Perforated Neoprene Knee Sleeve: Single layer perforated neoprene knee sleeve with soft stretchable spandex mesh behind the knee
- 615 Knee Sleeve with Open Patella and Anterior Pad: Perforated neoprene knee sleeve with open-patella and soft stretchable spandex mesh behind the knee
- 620 Knee Sleeve with Open Patella and Spiral Stays: Perforated neoprene knee sleeve with open-patella, spiral stays and thinner perforated neoprene panel behind the knee
The ProFlex® Elbow Support and Sleeves
direct pressure away from tendons of the forearm for effective relief from discomfort associated with repetitive arm movements.
- 500 Elbow Wrap: Nylon-laminated neoprene support with hook and loop strap
- 650 Perforated Neoprene Elbow Sleeve: Perforated neoprene elbow sleeve in a pre-curve design with soft stretchable spandex mesh in elbow crease
- 655 Perforated Neoprene Elbow Sleeve w/ Strap: Perforated neoprene elbow sleeve with adjustable strap and soft stretchable spandex mesh in elbow crease
- Updated design and branding
- Pull-tabs added on the end of all straps for easier grip and on/off
- Perforated neoprene on sleeves for enhanced breathability
- Spandex mesh behind the knee on 600 Single-Layer Perforated Neoprene Knee Sleeve, 615 Knee Sleeve with Open Patella and Anterior Pad and in the elbow creases 650 Perforated Neoprene Elbow Sleeve, 655 Perforated Neoprene Elbow Sleeve w/ Strap for increased comfort
- New binding and pre-curve features for improved shape and fit of all sleeves
- Orange line indicator for palm placement on 4000 Single Strap Wrist Support with patented Open-Center Stay™ and 4010 Double Strap Wrist Support with Open-Center Stay™
- Larger thumb loop and updated design on the 4020 Lightweight Wrist Support with Open-Center Stay™ for increased comfort and better fit
- Lower profile buckles on 4020 Lightweight Wrist Support with Open-Center Stay™, 620 Knee Sleeve with Open Patella and Spiral Stays, and 655 Perforated Neoprene Elbow Sleeve w/ Strap
- New, sleek black version of the 4020 Lightweight Wrist Support with Open-Center Stay™ to replace the blue version
- Updated materials and colors for fresh, new look
Since 1983, Ergodyne has pioneered the development of safety products that Make The Workplace A Betterplace™. What started with just one product has grown into a line of top flight, battle-tested, Tenacious Work Gear®; all precision crafted to provide protection, improve productivity and manage the elements for workers on jobsites the world over. The current lineup is extensive and constantly growing including: Hand Protection, Knee Pads, Supports, Footwear Accessories, Cooling Products, Warming Products, Hi-Vis Apparel, Lanyards, Equipment Storage Systems, Performance Work Wear, Portable Work Shelters, Head Protection, and Eye Protection.