The American Welding Society (AWS) and WEMCO, an association of welding manufacturers, and a standing committee of AWS, have issued a call for nominations for the 2015 Excellence in Welding Awards. The awards, previously known as the Image of Welding Awards, recognize outstanding contributions to the welding industry.
Open to all welding industry professionals, the awards are issued in a number of categories. All individuals, organizations, and groups may be nominated for multiple categories. Self-nominations are also acceptable.
The Excellence in Welding program recognizes outstanding achievement in the following categories:
- Individual (you or other individual)
- Educator (welding teacher at an institution, facility, etc.)
- Educational Facility (organization that conducts welding education or training)
- Small Business (less than 200 employees)
- Large Business (200 or more employees)
- Distributor (welding products)
- AWS Section (AWS local chapter)
- Media (industry and business publications)
- Veterans (all branches of the U.S. military)
The veteran’s category is a new category added in 2015, to recognize welders in all branches of the U.S. military that have made a significant contribution to the future of the industry.
The deadline for submissions is June 30, 2015.
Winners of the 2015 awards will receive a WEMCO sponsored trip to the 2015 FABTECH Show in Chicago to receive their award.
To learn more about the awards and submit a nomination, visit http://www.aws.org/w/a/awards/image.html
For inquiries, contact AWS toll-free at 800-443-9353.
Source: American Welding Society