AIHA and NCICS to host first-ever China-U.S. Occupational Health Symposia
The American Industrial Hygiene Association® (AIHA) will jointly host the first-ever China-U.S. Occupational Health Symposia with the National Center for International Cooperation in Work Safety, SAWS, China (NCICS). The symposia will take place on Sept. 15–16, 2015, in Shanghai,China, and an anticipated 400 industrial and occupational health professionals from around the world are slated to attend.
The symposia will also be attended by members of the Steering Group of the China-U.S. Symposia Advisory Board. The members are as follows:
Daniel Anna, PhD, CIH, CSP, Senior Industrial Hygienist, Johns Hopkins University, Applied Physics Laboratory, Laurel, MD, USA, and President, American Industrial Hygiene Association, Falls Church, VA, USA
- David Michaels, PhD, MPH, Assistant Secretary of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, United States Department of Labor, Washington, D.C., USA
- John Howard, PhD, MPH, JD, LLM, Director, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Washington, D.C., USA
- Lindsay E. Booher, CIH, CSP, Manager, Human Factors Center of Excellence, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Houston, TX., USA
- Peter J. O’Neil, FASAE, CAE, Executive Director, AIHA, Falls Church, VA, USA
Wu Zongzhi, Director-General, Department of Occupational Health, SAWS
- Wang Sheng, Professor, Beijing Medical University
- Niu Shengli, Senior Expert, International Labour Organization (ILO)
- Joachim Breuer, Director General, German Social Accident Insurance
- Ho Siong Hin, Commissioner for Workplace Safety and Health/ Divisional Director
The symposia will revolve around the theme “Exploring Challenges and Opportunities in Occupational Health.” Attendees will learn best practices from the United States and other developed countries, explore new paths of occupational health for China, and foster relevant industries.
“We are excited to team up with NCICS for the first-ever China-U.S. symposia focusing on occupational health,” said AIHA President Daniel H. Anna, PhD, CIH, CSP. “To help protect worker health internationally, it is imperative that we share our education and best practices with countries that may be facing challenges in occupational health.”
“I would like to thank the Organizing Committee and everyone involved in bringing such an ambitious and high quality event together,” said Chen Jiang, NCICS Director General. “Without their dedication and knowledge, this symposia would not have been possible. I would like to invite all of you to attend in Shanghai this September!”
For more information regarding the 2015 China-U.S. Occupational Health Symposia, visit https://www.aiha.org/events/Pages/china-us-oh-symposia.aspx or view the following video: https://youtu.be/ZBbbIC-YdlQ
As an affiliated organization of the State Administration of Work Safety, People's Republic of China, NCICS is dedicated to international cooperation in occupational safety and health by conducting international conferences, exhibitions, inter-governmental cooperation projects and statistics analysis. As an elite professional organization, NCICS holds a number of renowned international events including China International Forum on Work Safety.
Founded in 1939, the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) is the premier association of occupational and environmental health and safety professionals. AIHA’s 10,000 members play a crucial role on the front line of worker health and safety every day. Members represent a cross-section of industry, private business, labor, government and academia. More information is available at www.aiha.org.