Safety Equipment Institute (SEI) introduces new Board of Directors
Last week, the Safety Equipment Institute (SEI) – a subsidiary of ASTM International – introduced a new Board of Directors for 2017.
“We are excited to welcome such an esteemed group of individuals to SEI,” said SEI President, Patricia Gleason. “We look forward to their guidance as we continue to develop and expand our testing and certification programs over the coming year.”
Joining the Board of Directors for the 2017 term are:
- Dale F. Bohn, board chairman, product quality manager with Flint Hill Resources LP,
- Ronald J. Ebelhar, senior principle with Terracon,
- Ralph M. Paroli, Ph.D., director of research and development in measurement science and standars with the National Research Council,
- Taco van der Maten, marketing manager with PANalytical B.V.
- George P. Kappler, Chief executive officer of Kappler Incorporated, and
- Lawrence M. Zippin of Zippin Consulting Associates
Kathie Morgan, who will become president of ASTM International in February, is also serving on the Board. Gleason will represent the final, non-voting member of the Board.
Among other things, the Board will help ensure the success of the SEI portfolio; A biobased product certification program with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (story here) as well as a new women’s lacrosse certification partnership with U.S. Lacrosse (click here). For information about SEI’s certification programs, certified products, and more, visit www.seinet.org.
SEI: The Global Leader in Certifications
The Safety Equipment Institute (SEI), a subsidiary of ASTM International, helps our world work better by providing product and personnel certifications. Since 1981, SEI has served as the world’s premier certification organization for thousands of safety and protective products – from firefighter and baseball helmets to worker’s boots and police gear. SEI works with independent laboratories and quality auditors to administer certification programs for manufacturers seeking to be certified to technical standards. SEI also offers personnel certification program services. www.seinet.org