An arc flash at the Panda Power station in south Sherman, Texas, sent one employee to the hospital. An employee was de-energizing on a breaker when an arc flash occurred.
The accident happened around 7:30 a.m.
The worker was wearing personal protection equipment gear and was taken to the hospital, according to the utility. The accident was not serious and fortunately the worker was not injured and returned to the job.
The employee was taken to the hospital as part of Panda Energy's emergency protocol.
The facility was shut down for scheduled maintenance when the incident occurred. The company is investigating why the arc flash occurred, and said the incident won't delay when the plant will be back online.
Report Abusive Comment