While all sessions at Safety 2017 are sure to be interesting and educational, there are some standouts in the schedule, which should not be missed.
Among the hundreds of concurrent educational sessions, six are deemed “Super Sessions” based on their expected major appeal to attendees. These sessions, held in an expanded space on the expo floor, are leading in registrations:
- Complacency: The Silent Killer on Tuesday, June 20.
- Highlights of the Newly Released ASSE/ANSI Z244.1 Lockout/Tagout Standard on Tuesday, June 20.
- Medical Marijuana: Miracle Drug or Safety Nightmare? on Tuesday, June 20.
- Environmental Regulations – What Safety Professionals Need to Know on Tuesday, June 20.
- Identifying Cultural Hazards: 4 Clues Your Organization Is Out of Balance on Wednesday, June 21.
- New ANSI & OSHA Confined Space Safety Standards: Host vs. Contractor Employers on Wednesday, June 21.
In addition, a presentation connected to the ASSE Foundation’s research initiative on workplace fatigue takes place on Thursday, June 22. A Data-Driven Approach to Identifying Physical Fatigue addresses the measurement, monitoring and modeling of physical fatigue through wearable sensors, incorporating big data analytics and safety engineering. The session, led by Lora Cavuoto, Ph.D., AEP, from the University of Buffalo, shows in real time how to capture a worker’s safety performance and translate the data into personal fatigue levels.
Report Abusive Comment