Propane tank explosion at Martinsburg, MO welding business
A propane tank caused an explosion at a Martinsburg welding shop.
A Spokesman with Missouri Department of Public Safety confirmed one man was injured.
Reportedly, a leaky propane tank is to blame for an explosion at a Martinsburg welding shop. The explosion and fire was reported at Fennewald Custom Welding INC. around 1 p.m. Wednesday.
According to Mike O’Connell with the Missouri Department of Public Safety, welding machinery caused the explosion.
"It’s believed, a shop heater turned on and ignited the escaping gas, which resulted in an explosion and fire," O'Connell said.
O'Connell says one employee at the business was injured. Reportedly, the employees evacuated the building after noticing the leaky propane tank. The injured employee is suffering from burns. Authorities allege the explosion was accidental.
Audrain County Sheriff's Office and three Mid-Missouri fire departments responded to the scene. Jefferson Street in front of the business was closed briefly.
Source: ABC17 https://www.abc17news.com