The program is designed as a strong introduction to OH for company health professionals (doctors, nurses and others) worldwide who work in developing countries or remote areas and do not have a formal academic training in OSH. It is open for other professionals such as engineers, technicians or managers who want to strengthen their competencies in occupational health.
- Program focuses on practical and evidence-based occupational health interventions
- It is 100% online and no travel is required
- Teaching is in English but assignments can be sent back in four languages: English, French, German, and Spanish
- International group of faculty with overseas experience
- Teaching is instructor-led with individual feedback for intensive learning
- Courses can be taken individually
- Several discount options for institutions/companies with multiple participants available
- Foundations in Occupational Health Practice (10 weeks)
- Clinical Occupational Medicine and Medical Surveillance (8 weeks)
- Management in Occupational Health Practice (8 weeks)
Currently, participants come from 16 countries around the world such as Cambodia, Nepal, Pakistan, Nigeria, Botswana, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, and Chile.
Detailed information available at www.uic.edu/sph/glakes/ce/IntprgOHP.html http://www.uic.edu/sph/glakes/ce/IntPrgOHP.html . The 2nd Program starts September 6, 2010, and runs till May 2011. Enrollment is open now.