As the pulse of the industry, the American Society of Safety Engineers’ SAFETY 2012 Professional Development Conference & Exposition is your source for the knowledge, skills and networking on the important and emerging issues in the SH&E profession. Throughout three education-packed days, you will trade ideas with your peers and learn from today’s foremost leaders and thinkers. Safety 2012 gives you the opportunity to evaluate your current practices, develop new skills, revitalize your passion for the profession and build a powerful community of colleagues.
Your source for SH&E education
For more than 50 years, ASSE’s PDC has been and will continue to be the direct reflection of what is taking place in the SH&E industry. Sessions are distributed among 20 topics:
• Business Skills;
• Health & Industrial Hygiene;
• Career & Personal Development;
• Construction & Mining;
• Human Behavior;
• Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability;
• Emergency Management & Security;
• Regulatory Issues, Government & Public Sector;
• Environment & Hazardous Material;
• Risk Management & Insurance;
• Ergonomics; • Safety Management;
• Executive; • Technical, Engineering & Standards;
• Fire Protection;
• Training & Education;
Each session is identified by experience levels in order to tailor your personal conference schedule and get the most out of the sessions you attend.
Monday, June 4, 7:30AM-9:00AM
Influence: The Ultimate Power Tool, Dr. Robert Cialdini
Dr. Robert Cialdini, author of the ground-breaking book, Influence, identifies and explains universal principles of persuasion that move others toward yes. Used correctly and ethically, these scientifically-tested principles produce lasting relationships and strong, long-term change.
Monday, June 4, 1:00PM-2:00PM
Occupational Safety & Health Discussion
David Michaels, Ph.D., Assistant Secretary of Labor for Occupational Safety and Health (invited)
Tuesday, June 5, 7:30AM – 9:00AM
The Economic Behemoth
Lowell B. Catlett, Ph.D., Professor, New Mexico State University
Executive Summit Panel
Wednesday, June 6, 9:15AM-10:15AM
Stories and examples business executives share offer tools and strategies to help SH&E professionals understand their role, overcome organizational obstacles and be more effective.
Wednesday, June 6, 12:00PM – 1:30PM
Making Safety a Value – Not Just a Priority: The Key to Long-Term Safety Success
Bruce S. Wilkinson, Certified Speaking Professional Safety
Your source for SH&E networking
Get ready to share your ideas, challenges and successes in the engaging roundtable conversations that explore questions and issues that matter. The following conversations are tailored to specific areas of interest:
• Safety Education & Training Best Practices;
• Construction Regulations;
• Success in Consulting: From Technical Expert to Business Owner;
• Lab Safety;
• Emergency Planning & Response;
• Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of Chemical Classification & Labeling;
• Management: Putting an End to Fatalities and Disabling Injuries;
• America’s Changing Manufacturing Workforce;
• Oil & Gas Extraction & Tool Safety;
• Are You Using all the Tools Available to You as a Risk Manager?;
• Transportation Insurance;
• Dealing With Conflicting Contract SH&E Requirements;
• Why & How to Relate Health & Wellness to Safety;
• Hiring a Safe & Productive Workforce;
• Incorporating Women into the Safety Design Process
Your source for SH&E products and services
Advance your organization by connecting with the products and services that will take your SH&E programs to the next level. Find opportunities and solutions to fit your organization’s needs.
EVENT at a glance
WHAT: Safety 2012: ASSE’s Professional Development Conference & Expo
WHERE: Colorado Convention Center; Denver, CO
WHEN: June 3-6, Expo June 3-5
CONTACT: For more information go to www.safety2012.org or call +1.847.699.2929.
REGISTER: Take advantage of the early bird discounts by registering on or before March 30. Registrations that are postmarked by May 11 will be confirmed. After May 11 please call to register at +1.847.699.2929.