IPIECA, the global oil and gas industry association for environmental and social issues, is now offering a Fitness to Work guidance document in Russian.
This guidance is for HSE and HR professionals, companies and contractors. It was developed in partnership with the International Association of Oil and Gas Producers (OGP).
According to IPIECA, the document presents a structured process for the systematic identification, assessment and management of the risks associated with tasks that place specific demands (physical or psychological) on employees. It offers processes and tools which, if adopted, help to reduce the risk of injury or harm to employees, the company and third parties.
The key objectives of the report are to describe:
- The rationale for fitness to work processes and systems,
- A risk assessment process to focus activity on what needs to be done,
- Medical control options, e.g. fitness to work examinations,
- Work capacity testing, its strengths and limitations, and;
- Special considerations for certain groups of employees.
Legal constraints on what can and cannot be done in certain jurisdictions are also discussed.