The National Safety Council hosted its National Awards Celebration in Chicago at its annual Congress & Expo. This event honors the safety accomplishments of NSC members.
Those recognized include:
- 2013 Distinguished Service to Safety Award Honorees – recognizing exemplary lifetime efforts in improving safety and health by an individual
- The Honor Chapter Award recognizes a Chapter's outstanding contributions to making the NSC statement of leadership, mission and vision a reality. This year, the award went to the Chesapeake Region Safety Council, Safety and Health Council of Northern New England andSouth Carolina Chapter, National Safety Council.
- The 2013 President’s Chapter Award is the most prestigious award a Chapter can receive from the National Safety Council. The President’s Chapter Award was presented for the first time to the Iowa-Illinois Safety Council.
- 2013 Rising Stars of Safety– recognizing tomorrow’s leaders, under the age of 40, for their commitment to safety, influence on safety culture and creation of safety initiatives producing measureable outcomes
- Occupational Award Winners– recognizing collective safety achievements and implementation of effective safety policies and procedures
- Joseph M. Kaplan Safe Driver of the Year Award Winners – recognizing professional drivers nominated for their total driving record, including miles and years driven without a preventable crash