Training/Incentives

Will OSHA ban safety incentive programs?

November 7, 2013

I have heard that OSHA may ban safety incentive programs. My company has used an employee incentive program that provides a bonus for meeting quality, productivity, and safety performance targets. The program has been very successful, has reduced injuries and is popular with employees.

Read More

Sustaining culture change by building a safety infrastructure

October 30, 2013

Over the past couple of weeks I have criticized the mad rush of snake oil sales men from BBS to the new –found goldmine of one form or another of “culture-based” safety.  I like to alternate my posts from the critical, to the (hopefully) helpful.  Much ado is made about the holy grail of injury prevention, but scant little has been offered around sustaining change.

Read More

Random acts of Rewarding

The positive power of spontaneity
October 2, 2013
Every week, a new study in behavioral science is published that demonstrates the importance of context.

Read More

Your A-Z resource for construction safety

October 2, 2013
This is a list of resources for maintaining construction safety on the job.

Read More

National Gift Card Corp.

September 11, 2013

With a focus on fresh ingredients, affordable prices and an extensive menu of made-to-order sandwiches; SUBWAY® restaurants have become the leading choice for people seeking quick, better for you meals that the whole family can enjoy.

Read More

Recognizing workers’ accomplishments must be genuine – or it can be counter-productive

September 5, 2013
I define “The Four Pillars of Safety” as engagement, recognition, communications and measurement.

Read More

Automated training can link safety incidents to training competency

September 5, 2013
Many areas within the environmental health and safety (EHS) industry rely on extensive training and competency of the workforce to avoid any critical safety incidents.

Read More

ISHN reveals all 30 category winners from its first-ever Readers’ Choice Award Contest

August 2, 2013
Thousands of Industrial Safety & Hygiene News subscribers jumped online to vote in ISHN’s 2013 Readers’ Choice Awards between March 1 and May 1, 2013. The results are in, and ISHN Publisher Randy Green has released the list of winning entries.

Read More
Safety’s surge in the energy industries

How to prevent “Struck-by” and “Caught-in” hazards from causing injuries

July 9, 2013
Due to the United States’ renewed interest in becoming energy self-sufficient, drilling for oil and gas in parts of the U.S. has accelerated to a fever pitch.

Read More

OSHA offers free webinar on protecting temporary workers

Part of new initiative
July 2, 2013

OSHA will co-moderate a free webinar with the American Staffing Association at 3 p.m. EST on Thursday, July 18, to discuss best practices for protecting temporary workers.

Read More

STAY CONNECTED

Facebook logo Twitter YouTubeLinkedIn

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

ASSE's Safety 2013 Review

A photo gallery from the Las Vegas Convention Center, where ASSE’s annual professional development conference was held June 24 to 27. All photos courtesy of the American Society of Safety Engineers.

THE MAGAZINE

ISHN Magazine

ishn april 2014 issue cover

2014 April

In this month's issue of ISHN, check out features about safety in the oil and gas industry.

Table Of Contents Subscribe

THE ISHN STORE

M:\General Shared\__AEC Store Katie Z\AEC Store\Images\ISHN\safetyfourth.jpg
Safety Engineering, 4th Edition

A practical, solutions-driven reference, Safety Engineering, 4th edition, has been completely revised and updated to reflect many of today’s issues in safety.

More Products

For Distributors Only - January 2014

ISHN0114_FDO_cov.jpgFor Distributors Only is ISHN's niche brand standard-sized magazine supplement aimed at an audience of 2,000 U.S. distributors that sell safety products. Circulation only goes to distributors. CHECK OUT THEJANUAYR 2014 ISSUE OF FDO HERE

ishn infographics

2012 US workplace deathsCheck out ISHN's new Infographic page! Learn more about worker safety through these interactive images. CLICK HERE to view the page.