Magid, the leading manufacturer and supplier of safety solutions and personal protective equipment (PPE), introduces three new products that provide Arc-Rated (AR) and Flame-Resistant (FR) protection. The Magid AR Defense™ relaxed-fit base layer shirts and balaclava address a need for arc-rated protection following revised National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards for workplace safety.
Unlike most products in the market, AR Defense base layer products are made of unique blends of inherently flame resistant fibers that:
- Provide extreme comfort and moisture wicking properties to keep workers protected and dry
- Help employers and workers comply with NFPA 70E standards
- Contribute to a higher total system arc rating with fewer layers and less weight
- Are manufactured in the U.S.A.
“The new Magid AR Defense line offers an added layer of protection, while its extreme comfort promotes compliance with the new requirements for arc-rated protective clothing,” said Craig Howell, Director of Clothing Sales and Development with Magid. “We used innovative materials that are exceptionally comfortable, lightweight and engineered to offer a cost-effective solution for protecting workers from arc flash events and other hazards requiring FR protection.”
Currently, the Magid AR Defense clothing assortment includes:
- 4.5 oz. jersey knit shirt (item# ARS450) with an ATPV/arc-rating of 4.9 cal/cm2
- 6.5 oz. interlock knit shirt (item# ARS650) with an ATPV/arc-rating of 8.2 cal/cm2
- 6.5 oz. interlock knit balaclava (item# ARH650) with an ATPV/arc-rating of 8.2 cal/cm2
Magid is committed to providing safety solutions at the best value to keep workers safe. In the past two years, Magid has introduced more than 500 safety products and value-added services that address customer challenges including compliance, accident prevention, injury reduction, cost containment and inventory management.
Headquartered in Romeoville, IL, Magid is America’s leading manufacturer, distributor and direct supplier of personal protective equipment (PPE) including hand protection, protective clothing, above-the neck-protection and first aid products. A valued partner in safety to thousands of companies since 1946, Magid offers its own signature Magid branded products as well as products from top-quality brands such as 3M™, Ansell®, DuPont™, Honeywell, Kimberly Clark®, MAPA®, MSA, Showa and many more. For more information about Magid or its full line of personal protective safety equipment and services, please visit www.magidglove.com or call 1-800-444-8030.