Ergodyne continued the fast-paced innovation in its Squids® Tool Tethering Line today by introducing five more ground-breaking tool lanyards. This expanded line of F(x) lanyards offers a variety of lighter, low-profile lanyards with shock-absorbing properties and patent-pending carabiner designs.
“These lanyards weigh less, absorb more shock, and are easier to use – all for less than today’s equivalent competitive products,” said Nate Bohmbach, associate product director. “There’s everything a worker could want in nine variations.”
Ergodyne’s shock-absorbing tool lanyards are designed and tested to prevent falling objects and reduce the force exerted on the body if a drop occurs by absorbing the energy transmitted through the tool lanyard. By reducing the shock load, the lanyards prevent the tool from pulling the user down with it – protecting those above and below.
Now, customers have a full range of tool lanyard options (nine styles) made with shock-absorbing webbing to absorb up to five times the shock of its competitors. Plus, ergonomically designed nylon composite and swiveling aluminum designs add to the patent-pending, first-class carabiners. The locking double-action composite carabiners are the first of their kind in the industry and 25% lighter than the competition’s.
“If poorly constructed, even safety solutions can become part of the problem,” said Tom Votel, president and CEO of Ergodyne. “This one of a kind lineup of tool lanyards in the Squids® Line are safety solutions, not safety hazards.”
- Shock-absorbing properties reduce the dynamic force on the body or other anchor point if a drop occurs
- Durable 1680 denier polyester elastic blended webbing extends from 38″ to 70″ (96cm – 178cm)
- Low-profile, lightweight design reduces snag hazards and added weight
- Ergonomic carabiners are designed for easily gripping and handling with gloves
- Treaded loop ends that grips the tool when attached
- High-strength 3-ply nylon stitching secures connecting ends
- Third-party certified with a 2:1 safety factor
- Patent-pending design
- 3102F(x) has a 5lbs (2.3kg) capacity and utilizes a modular design to allow user to use one lanyard and exchange different tools with a quick connecting buckle.3107F(x) and 3117F(x) have a 10lbs (4.5kg) capacity and use specially designed composite carabiners with double action locking gate and inherent captive eye resistant to -140F (-60C).
- 3109F(x) and 3119F(x) use swiveling carabiners to prevent binds and tangles while tested for larger tools up to 25lbs (11.3kg).
Since 1983, Ergodyne has pioneered the development of products that Make The Workplace A Betterplace™. What started with just one product has grown into a line of top flight, battle-tested, Tenacious Work Gear®; all precision crafted to manage the elements, improve productivity and provide protection for workers on jobsites the world over. The current lineup is extensive and constantly growing: ProFlex® Hand Protection, ProFlex® Knee Pads, ProFlex® Supports, Skullerz®Head Protection, Skullerz® Eye Protection, Trex™ Footwear Accessories, Chill-Its®Cooling Products, N-Ferno® Warming Products, GloWear® Hi-Vis Apparel, Squids® Lanyards, Arsenal® Equipment Storage Systems, and CORE Performance Work Wear® and SHAX® Portable Work Shelters.