MSA is issuing this Inspection Notice to inform you that we have received a field report of an unflared center shaft in an MSA Latchways 10 ft. (3m) Web PFL. MSA has not received any reports of injuries associated with this condition. However, we are requesting you perform the inspection outlined in this notice. If subjected to rough handling, an unflared shaft may eventually dislodge completely from the web PFL. If the shaft dislodges completely from the web PFL, the web PFL will continue to pay out and retract during normal use but will not arrest a fall.
Only versions of MSA Latchways Web PFLs that are 10 ft. (3m) or shorter in length and have yellow inner housings are potentially affected. Cable PFLs are not affected. A list of part numbers and manufacturing dates are included in Appendix A of this Inspection Notice.
MSA is advising all customers to inspect the center shafts of any MSA Latchways Web PFLs that are 10 ft. (3m) and shorter. Inspect per the Instructions in the attached Notice. Remove from service any web PFL that does not pass inspection.
Perform the following inspection to determine whether or not your web PFL needs to be taken out of service.
- Confirm that the web PFL has a yellow inner housing (Figure 1 on the attached Notice). If your web PFL does not have a yellow inner housing, no further action is required.
- Inspect the shaft end that is on the same side of the PFL as the yellow inner housing.
- Visually inspect the shaft for a flared end as shown in Figure 2 on the attached Notice. If the shaft has an unflared end as shown in Figure 3 on the attached Notice, remove the PFL from service and follow the steps in the "Replacing Affected PFLs" section.
- If the PFL is not removed from service in step 2a, perform the following confirmatory test for an unflared end. With no load on the PFL lifeline and while holding the PFL in your hand, push on the end of the shaft on the yellow inner housing side of the PFL as if pushing the shaft out of the hole in the PFL. Some small axial movement of the shaft is normal. If the shaft can be pushed into the PFL and pulled out the other side, remove the PFL from service and follow the steps in the "Replacing Affected PFLs" section.
- If there is any question about whether the shaft end meets the criteria above, remove the PFL from service and contact MSA Customer Service.
Replacing Affected Web PFLs:
We recognize that this is an inconvenience and, in an effort to minimize any disruption, we pledge to take any replacement actions as expeditiously as possible.
If you are in possession of web PFLs that have an unflared center shaft, we will provide you with replacements free of charge.
To receive a replacement, please complete the MSA Latchways Web PFL Return/Replacement Form in the attached Notice and e-mail it to MSA Customer Service at the appropriate e-mail address below. Replacement PFLs will be shipped to you and we will forward you instructions for returning the affected PFLs.
MSA Customer Service Contact Information:
If you have questions regarding this Inspection Notice, please contact MSA Customer Service as follows:
- U.S., Canada, or U.S. Territories: 1-866-672-0005 or by e-mail at ProductSafetyNotices@MSAsafety.com.
- Outside the U.S., Canada, and U.S. Territories: 724-776-8626 or by e-mail at LAMZonecs@MSAsafety.com.
We apologize for any inconveniences that this may cause; however, your safety and continued satisfaction with our products is important to us.
Manager of Product Safety