The American National Standards Institute's (ANSI) Board of Directors yesterday appointed its new members and officers for the term beginning January 1, 2008.
Robert W. Noth, manager of engineering standards for Deere & Company, was re-appointed for a third one-year term as ANSI’s chairman of the board.
Supporting the chairman will be four vice-chairmen:
• Arthur Cote of the National Fire Protection Association;
• Laura E. Hitchcock, corporate project manager, external standards for The Boeing Company;
• James T. Pauley, vice president of industry and government relations at Schneider Electric/Square D Company; and
• James A. Thomas, president of ASTM International.
Dr. George W. Arnold, deputy director of technology services, National Institute of Standards and Technology continues to serve as immediate past chairman.
Hitchcock and Thomas will be filling positions previously held by retiring officers Stephen P. Oksala, vice president of standards for the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers, and Dr. Mary C. McKiel, standards executive for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
The following individuals have been newly elected as “Directors-at-Large” for terms beginning January 1, 2008, and ending December 31, 2010:
• Patrick B. Davis, Twenty in Ten coordinator, energy efficiency and renewable energy, U.S. Department of Energy;
• Bruce A. Harding, professor of mechanical engineering technology, Purdue University;
• Scott R. Klavon, director of standards, professional development and aerospace business, SAE International;
• David Miller, director of the standards program, American Petroleum Institute;
• Edward F. Mikoski Jr., vice president for standards and business development, Telecommunications Industry Association;
• William Raisch, director InterCEP, New York University;
• Paris Stavrianidis, general manager, FM Approvals LLC;
• James H. Turner, Jr., chief counsel, Committee on Science and Technology, U.S. House of Representatives;
• F. Donald Wright, director of standards, Lexmark International.
Five individuals have been re-elected to the Board and will continue to serve as “Directors-at-Large” for terms beginning January 1, 2008 and ending December 31, 2010:
• Mr. Colin B. Church, voluntary standards coordinator, Office of the Executive Director, U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission;
• Steven J. Cole, president and chief executive officer, Council of Better Business Bureaus;
• Donald R. Deutsch, vice president for standards strategy and architecture, Oracle;
• Kevan P. Lawlor, president and chief executive officer, NSF International;
• Barbara L. Nichols, chief executive officer, CGFNS International.
The terms of the Board members are staggered so that approximately one-third expire at the end of any given calendar year.
ANSI appoints new members, officers for 2008 (12/7)
December 7, 2007