The Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Awards are given in five categories: Academic, Small Business, Greener Synthetic Pathways, Greener Reaction Conditions and Designing Greener Chemicals. The 2009 Award winners are:
- Professor Krzysztof Matyjaszewski, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Virent Energy Systems, Inc., Madison, Wis.
- Eastman Chemical Company, Kingsport, Tenn.
- CEM Corporation, Matthews, N.C
- Procter & Gamble Company, Cincinnati, Ohio, jointly with Cook Composites and Polymers Company, North Kansas City, Mo.
For more information, visit http://www.epa.gov/opptintr/greenchemistry/pubs/pgcc/past.html
To listen to Podcasts about this year’s winners, visit http://www.epa.gov/greenchemistry/pubs/2009_podcasts/index.html
To watch the Green Chemistry Green Scene Video, visit http://www.epa.gov/multimedia/