AIHAÂ® presents AIHce 2011 PDC rankings (5/26)
May 26, 2011
A Professional Development Course (PDC) entitled, “Exceptional Functional Leadership” received the highest ranking among attendees at AIHce 2011 last week.
The top-ten PDC list, as determined by evaluations submitted by course Articipants along with feedback from PDC monitors, technical auditors and the Continuing Education Committee, has been released by the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), which co-hosted the event with the American Conference of Government Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH).
AIHce 2011 featured more than 60 PDCs spanning 40 topic areas, and drew upwards of 2300 participants. The PDCs ran from May 13th through 15th, preceding the official AIHce 2011 opening ceremony.
The top-ranked PDCs this year were:
- Exceptional Functional Leadership
Presented by: Richard Fulwiler, Sc.D., CIH, CSHM
- Noise Control Engineering
Presented by: Thomas Lloyd, Dennis Driscoll, PE
- Ramping Up Your Hearing Protection and Jazzing Up Your Hearing Conservation
Presented by: Elliott Berger, MS, INCE Board Certified, Laurie Wells, AuD, FAAA, Ted Madison, MA Audiology, CC-A,, Lee Hager
- Basic Electrical Safety with Application of NFPA
Presented by: Paul Zoubek
- Exposure Assessment Strategies and Statistics
Presented by: Mike Sheppard, Paul Hewett, PhD, CIH, Jennifer Sahmel, CIH, CSP, Perry Logan, CIH, Tim Blodgett, CIH, CSP, Scott Dotson, PhD, CIH, Ralph Rogers, CIH, MCHB-TS-OFS, James Stewart, PhD, CIH, CSP, Russel Bowen, CIH, CSP; William Bullock, DHSc, MSPH, CIH, CSP
- Anticipation, Recognition, Evaluation, and Control of Welding Health Hazards
Presented by: Michael Harris, PhD, CIH
- Ethical Fitness: Choosing Between Right vs. Right
Presented by: Glenn Barbi, CIH, Nancy Orr, CIH, CSP
- Practical Applications for Portable Radiation Instruments
Presented by: Judson Kenoyer, MS, CIH, FHPS, CHP, Ray Johnson, MS, PE, FHPS, CHP
- Life Safety Engineering
Presented by: Leo Old, MS, PE, CIH, CSP, CHFM, CHC, SASHE
- If I’m Teaching, Why Aren’t They Learning? How to Provide World-Class Training That Works
Presented by: Jonathan Klane, MS Ed, CIH, CHMM, CET
Information about AIHce 2012 is now available at www.aihce2012.org.