20th Annual NAEM EHS Management Forum
Each year the Forum draws more than 500 attendees from leadership companies across industries. This cross-industry approach provides a unique opportunity for attendees to focus on the common management challenges attendant with driving corporate progress along the sustainability continuum.
And while many of the Forum’s attendees represent the leaders in corporate EHS and sustainability management, the conference is designed to improve the effectiveness of the individual leader, regardless of the company size or program maturity. To maintain its emphasis on corporate management challenges, however, NAEM limits the participation of consultants and service providers to no more than 25 percent of the conference attendance.
The foundation of the Forum’s continued success is its program, which is developed by a volunteer committee of corporate EHS and sustainability practitioners. Drawing from their inside knowledge of what’s happening in the field, the Forum committee creates sessions that deliver insights practitioners can put to use to immediately improve their EHS and sustainability programs. The collegial atmosphere also allows attendees to share their experiences about the things that haven’t worked so well, and the lessons they’ve learned along the way.
In addition to the interactive learning sessions, the conference also features keynote presentations by emerging environmental and corporate thought-leaders.
Previous Keynotes include:
• Andrew Winston, Sustainability thought leader and author of “Green Recovery”
• Mary Armstrong, Vice President of EHS; Boeing Co.
• William O’Rourke, Vice President of Sustainability, Environment, Health and Safety; Alcoa Inc.
• Gale Tedhams, Director of Sustainability; Owens Corning
• Peter Senge, MIT professor & author of “The Necessary Revolution”
• Dan Esty, Yale professor & author of “Green to Gold”
• Allen White, Co-Founder of GRI
• John Elkington, Founder of SustainAbility & author of “Cannibals with Forks”
For more information about the EHS Management Forum or the National Association for Environmental Management (NAEM), visit www.naem.org or contact Virginia Hoekenga at 202-986-6616.
EVENT at a glance
WHAT: 20th Annual NAEM EHS Management Forum
WHERE: Naples, Fla.
WHEN: October 17-19, 2012
CONTACT: Visit www.naem.org or call Virginia Hoekenga at 202-986-6616.