Pilz Automation Safety, L.P. introduces their new app: PASmsi Mobile Safety Inspector for performing risk assessments on machines - quickly and simply. Free versions are available for iOS and Android operating systems.
In accordance with EN ISO 13849-1 and EN 62061 (IEC 62061) requirements, the PASmsi app enables you to perform and document the typical calculations for PL (Performance Level) and SIL (Safety Integrity Level). The app allows for these calculations to be done in front of the machine and, when viewing the machine later, all of the key data is right at your fingertips.
The PASmsi app's main functions include:
- Risk estimation: Determination of the risk level (PLr and SIL)
- Calculation of the achievable Performance Level (PL)
- Calculation of the number of operations (NOP) and service interval
- Helps you decide whether fresh CE marking is required after a machine has been modified
- Always provides current information on every issue relating to machine safety
- Create and store photos for each project
- Documentation, management, saving and sending - for every project
About Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
For over 65 years, Pilz continues to be a leading, innovative automation technology company. As experts in the safety of human, machine and the environment, Pilz provides worldwide, customer-oriented solutions for all industries. These include innovative products and comprehensive services from the areas of sensor, control and drive technology. We pursue clearly defined goals. Our focus is to complete our safe automation range with safe sensor and actuator technology and dovetail this core competency with the expansion of solutions for standard automation. This way we can transfer our experience and knowledge from safety technology to the requirements of general control technology for a tailored, one-stop automation solution.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P. provides solutions for your automation functions that are safe, economical and reliable. We offer first-class components, which can be used individually or combine to form a system. Pilz develops environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. For more information, visit www.pilz.us.