New company offers forklift safety and load protection range
With offices in the USA, Canada, the UK and Australia, SumoSafe Global is a new company offering a range of products that significantly reduce damage to palletized loads during the lift truck handling process and make forklift trucks safer to operate.
“The SumoSafe range includes a number of ingeniously simple yet highly innovative designs that make a real difference to any forklift operator’s business – both in terms of safety and the cost savings that can be made by cutting or even eliminating product damage,” says SumoSafe’s co-founder, Simon Ross.
He continues: “Any company that operates a forklift truck fleet – from a single truck upwards – has a duty to ensure that its lift truck operators and the personnel who work around forklifts have the safest possible working environment.
“And, of course, forklift-related product damage within the supply chain is a significant and expensive issue for a great many businesses. In fact, it is probably a bigger problem than the industry is prepared to admit with companies in a broad range of sectors suffering huge bottom-line losses every year as a result of careless handling.”
The SumoSafe range includes:
• SumoSafefork - a radical new design of lift truck fork that takes traditional steel tines and encases the tip within a protective glove. Made from industrial grade polyurethane, the glove significantly limits the impact of a carelessly driven lift truck’s forks against a load. The results of independent industrial testing can be seen at https://www.sumosafe.net/products/sumoglove/
• SumoGlove – a variation on the SumoSafefork, SumoGloves are fitted to the tips of a lift truck’s existing forks quickly and easily. They are compatible with all common makes and size of forklift tine;
• SumoVision – a system that, as its name implies, improves an operator’s forward visibility even when sight lines are obscured by a large bulky load;
• SumoLevel - a new forklift mast tilt indicator system designed to significantly reduce the accidental damage and associated safety risks that are often caused to a pallet, the load and the racking by a lift truck’s forks during the pallet picking and put-away process;
• SumoBackbone – a protective device that can be retrofitted to any make or model of lift truck to minimize the risk of an operator suffering a serious spine or whip-lash injury in the event of his or her truck being hit from the rear by another forklift or reversing into a stationery object.
“The benefit to any organisation that installs SumoSafe technology will be quickly realized,” says Simon Ross. “They improve operational efficiency and workplace safety to such an extent that payback is almost immediate.”
Further information on how the SumoSafe range of products can benefit your business visit www.sumosafe.net