IPIECA – the global oil and gas industry association for environmental and social issues – has begun developing a Contractor ‘Oil and Gas Alcohol and Drug Program’ Guideline through it’s OGP-IPIECA Health Committee, in collaboration with the Drug and Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA).
IPIECA says the guideline will “respond to the challenges contractors (and service providers) face in complying with multiple different operator requirements in the oil and gas industry, and will help them to simplify their programs and efficiently achieve contract compliance.”
The guideline will include:
- Drug testing panel with cut-off levels for each drug, along with frequency, type, and testing matrices
- Alcohol testing frequency, type, testing matrices, and cut-offs
- Definition of safety sensitive
- Definition of covered employees and locations
- Collector/Collection credentials/process
- Medication disclosure/Fitness for duty for safety sensitive workers
- Medical review of test results
- Laboratory qualifications
- Reporting, record keeping, and non-compliance requirements
- Supervisor and employee training requirements
Anyone interested in contributing to the development of this guideline should contact Laura Shelton at firstname.lastname@example.org
The OGP-IPIECA Health Committee (OIHC) has been in existence since 2003 and gives members a forum where they can identify, debate and share best health practices.